Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Saturday, December 24, 2011

On Disciplinging Your Baby

I looked this up on the internet, out of curiousity,
and also because my husband has talked of "disciplining" our baby,
and frankly, the things I read, made me kind of sick...
Juna, I want you to know, I will never hit you,
any part of you, I will never raise my hand to you in anger
or frustration, I will never use hitting or spanking as
a way to "teach" you or change your behaviors...
what I want to say to the people who posted what I read,
is educate yourself, know what is normal developmentally
and understand that your child is a child and not an adult,
and thinks differently then you or I.
Juna, what I want you to know is that the world
is a compassionate and safe place, and when it is not,
I want you to know that you can come to me
and I will be that safe and compassionate place for you,
because what I learned as a child and as an adult
is that learning comes from love, and discipline
comes from respect.  And I respect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment