Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Juna, My Teenager

You were once my little baby
and I held you in my arms,
most of the time, even while you slept
your heart beat against mine,
I rocked you, sang to you,
walked, talked, fed, carried and clothed you,
and spent almost every single moment with you

You were once my little baby
and I held you in my arms,
then you were my little girl,
walking on your own,
my growing child, changing and growing
over all the years, now you are growing
into a young woman and soon to be out the door,
too soon, and my little baby no more

So for now, let me hold you and hug you,
let me hear your dreams and your fears,
let me know all about you
and the person you've become
share your laughter and your tears
because you were once my little baby
and I held you in my arms

No comments:

Post a Comment