Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring

It is SPRING!  And with Spring comes one of my other favorite things, Spring Cleaning!  Am I being unrealistically optimistic that I will be able to fulfill this enormous task with Juna by my side?  And what do I hope to accomplish?  Spring is the time of rebirth and great change, of course, which spurs us to on to make those changes to ourselves and the places we reside.  I don't get this feeling with New Year's, which is an arbitrary day chosen on our calendar, but having no connection to any environmental changes, and perhaps that is why my resolutions quickly went by the wayside.  With the blooming of the trees and the glorious warm sunshine, I am feeling the stirring of the desire to make those changes once more... and what better way to start then to organize all the closets, to throw out all of the accumulated useless or unused objects, to scrub every inch and scare the spiders from their corners, so that my surroundings can start to resemble the changes that I wish to make inside myself, and I can start to mirror them in my actions and thoughts.  Because it IS time.  It is time to change and grow.  It is time to become more of the person I wish and hope to be, more of the person I want my daughter to see.  It is time to live in happiness, health, and free from past habits and thoughts that bring me down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment