Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Apology To Juna

I am SICK today, SICK to my stomach... SICK in my heart... sick of hatred, INEQUALITY, racism, sexism, sick of being let down by my government, sick of believing in my fellow man and being disappointed, sick of people believing they have the RIGHT to dictate the RIGHTS of others, because they are "believers" or white or men or rich or in positions of power, sick of the focus of my country being on war and greed, instead of education and "liberty and freedom for ALL," sick of thinking how I will answer questions from my daughter about why we, as a society, are so screwed up, why our CONSTITUTION is still a LIE, why people hate and bully each other, why she or her friends can't get married, why some follow a GOD who they believe doesn't believe in equal rights. I am sick of HOLDING MY TONGUE to be polite when some are shouting and yelling that what other people are doing just isn't right, how did we get this far away from our hearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment