Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Day Off



This morning, while laying in bed and trying to go back to sleep at 4:30, after Juna's 4th wake-up, I started fantasizing about what I would do if I could have a whole day off from being a mother... and two hundred dollars to spend.

I would wake up when I woke up.  I would take a shower.  (I would have had a chiropractic adjustment the previous day & lose 10-15lbs so I would feel and look good for my day off.)  Next breakfast at a cafe... and I would eat whatever I wanted (probably a bagel and cream cheese or eggs and bacon).  Then an hour massage and a haircut.  Shopping for 2 outfits (one for the day and one for night) at my favorite stores (not sure what stores they are since I never go shopping for new clothes).  Next, lunch with a friend at Chai Pani or Doc Cheys or Pastabilities and take in an afternoon feel-good matinee.  On this nice sunny warm day, I would take a walk somewhere beautiful and sit down and write/read poetry in the sun.  Then I would have dinner with another friend at Tomato, the Carne Argentina and a bottle of nice wine.  Then I would go, by myself, to one of the many new bars/restaurants that have opened since my days started ending very early 2 years ago, and read and write while I watched people go by.  Then I would get home and my husband would seduce me with a dozen roses, and we would feel and look like we did the first night we met almost 10 years ago.  Lastly, I would go to bed at 10 with my arms around my sleeping child, hearing her breathing and feeling her heartbeat next to mine.

I know, a crazy fantasy, but since it is a fantasy, I can have just whatever I want!

How my day really goes...

Juna wakes me up and either wants to get up right away, usually when I am still half asleep or wants to stay in bed forever, usually when I have been awake since she last woke me and so ready to get out of bed, or I wake way too early and can't back to sleep.  Juna and I take baths together, so we usually don't bathe until naptime or bedtime, because it helps her fall asleep.  So the first thing we do it make tea and breakfast,

rough draft... to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment