Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

On Nursing Your Baby To Sleep

Where is the "Nurse your baby to sleep because you have breasts which make milk which actually produce sleep-inducing breastmilk," option? I just do not understand this whole push to separate our babies from us, to "teach/force" them to take care of themselves... ummm, why does a 3 week old need to take care of itself? I mean, we just did everything for them for 9 months... now suddenly, here they are, and we are told and encouraged to start making them independent. Well, no thank you. I choose another route. I choose to hold my baby, as long as she needed me to, to nurse her to sleep until she started falling asleep all on her own (without me training her), to wake in the night to help her back to sleep, to sleep with her little body beside mine, to meet her needs and to let her decide when she was ready for independence. Have I greatly suffered because I have chosen this path? I can tell you that I don't regret any of it. I can tell you that I have a healthy, happy, independent child who sleeps very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment